background

Friday, September 14, 2012

Heirloom Dinning Set RefinishedI



I recently inherited my  late grandmother's dinning room table and chairs.  At the time  my husband and I lived in our 700 sq foot condo!  So it sat in my parents basement storage for 2 years waiting for our house!  I loved this table and chairs!  I remember Sunday  Faspa with the family at this beauty!  Justin and my parents went to work on the table top.  It had some wax damage and general wear.  They sanded and then used a furniture stripper to remove the old stain.  Revealing beautiful mahogany with an oak trim.  Once all the old stain was off they used a dark walnut stain on the entire top.    
The chairs were a little ruffed up, but still solid.  I sanded them a little and used the same walnut stain to refresh them. The fabric on the seat is not original to the set, and was badly stained!   I found the lovely olive and cream fabric at Joanne in Bellingham and had them reupholstered.  I did attempt to do it myself but..... that was too stressful!    

I am in love with the finished set!  I feel honoured to sit where generations have gathered over food, fellowship and love.

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really impressed me! I like your ideas. And the cartoon made it even better! Thanks for sharing your concept! Cheers This is simply hilarious! I gotta keep coming back.
    Septorinoplasti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete