background

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rouladen

Rouladen is my husband's favorite traditional German dish.  So I decided that I would attempt to make it, and of course share it with all of you!   This recipe works best if you buy beef in rouladen cuts.  There are many ways to make this Germain dish, but this is my mother in law's recipe.  I hope she doesn't mind me sharing!


Lay out the beef strips, lightly salt and pepper them.

Add chopped onions.

Add a strip of bacon (THE BEST PART!!!).

And roll!  Secure with a toothpick.  Pan fry over a medium heat to brown on all sides preheat oven to 350 degrees.  For the gravy combine 2 cans of mushroom soup with one package of onion soup mix.  Remove the toothpicks, place rouladen in a dish and pour gravy over them.  Cover and cook for 1 hour.   Serve with wild rice and asparagus for a DELICIOUS meal!

2 comments:

  1. I think my mom might have made something like this when I was young.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you for visiting my blog today as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks scrumptious!! Oh my gosh I'm so hungry now. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete