background

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hair today, gone the next

So, I've been growing my hair since I donated it last in 2007 and today was the day for a trim.  I decided it was time to donate again, and so off with the hair!  And here I am (hehe) 10 inches later! 

  eeek!!! I still can't believe it's on my dresser and not on my head!!!  But whenever the sense of dread comes, I think of the little one who will have joy from this!

Hair donated to Wigs for Kids is used for just that - wigs for young people who have lost their hair due to cancer.  Typically wigs cost $1,800-$2,000 but the program has partnered with Eva's Wigs, and gets them made for about $600.  To make a hair donation, hair has to be at least eight inches long and never have been dyed or coloured.

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Your hair still looks long and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. What an amazing gift you are giving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bel posto qui!Complimenti un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Oh marofra79, if only I spoke Italian!

    ReplyDelete