background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Portzelky!

I hope everyone had a wonderful first day of the year!  I took my dog Roofus for a nice walk and sat in the sun for awhile (all bundled up of course!) and being part Mennonite I made sure to have some Portzelky!  A deep fried raisin filled fritter that is sprinkled with icing sugar and dipped in Maple Syrup.  mmmmm  so good!  Too bad we only make them one day a year!  Here's a recipe if you want to try them out!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Recipe-for-How-to-Make-New-Years-Cookies-a-Mennonite-Tradition

4 comments:

  1. Ohh my goodness, those look delish.
    After eating those you are going to need to do your kettle bell workout. Actually that work out sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are delicious! Try out the kettle bells you might like them! Here's a great tutorial if you want to check it out:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNaoELYlLfw&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm I call them ollen bowlen and I love them !! I'm part Mennonite too :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ollen bowlen is the Dutch name for them!

    ReplyDelete