background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Stamped cards




Last night I did something I thought I would never do....... make a card without my cricut! I am not a fan of stamping, and went to a stampin' up class with a friend. Wouldn't you know it I fell in LOVE with this stamp set. The vintage birdcages are so sweet I had to have them! This set is the Aviary set and is so adorable!



I bought some ink from stampin' up as well, and found some great colours at Michael's for $1.50! I used the Provo craft Cuttlebug Swiss Dotts folder for the embosing, and the sheer ribbon was a find at a craft swap.



My sister gave me this retired stampin' up set for Christmas, I don't remember what the name is, I'll check back soon with that.   I used my Michael's ink for the purple flower, and some sparkels for the center.  Another Provo craft embossing folder, this one is called Birds and Swirls.


So, I decided that I do like stamps, but I will NOT be giving up my cricut anytime soon!

P.S. Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. I so love to stamp.
    My cricut..well I need to learn more about it.
    Your cards are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Cards!!!!!
    Please come check out my blog
    Carina
    http://paperjunkiemama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm going to keep at the stamping!

    Carina, just checked out your blog and became a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm new to your blog - I found it on Momo's. :) Looks like we have a lot in common! I'm super jealous of your beautiful Russian doll background - did you make it?

    That stamp set IS adorable! Beautiful card - can't wait to see more.

    I have a blog, too, and I'd love it if you wanted to follow me, too! :)
    hugs,
    Emily
    www.elisabethstudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Emily! My beautiful Russian doll background can be found here: http://www.shabbyblogs.com/ take a look, they have great free backgrounds and buttons!

    I just checked out your awesome blog, and became a follower! Great to have dog lovers for new blog friends!

    ReplyDelete