background

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Life Lesson

I learned a life lesson yesterday. I sold my origami tea bag flower card on my etsy shop (www.monicalott.etsy.com) for $5! I was so happy to have another sale! But reality set in when I had to find a way to package this delicate card. The only way to mail it with the assurance of a safe arrival was to put it in a box. This then makes it a parcel, which cost $15 to ship by Canada post! So my $5 sale turned into a $10 loss! Oh, life lesson, why do you have to sting?

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a Venture One small business card for the post office? Look into it. You save a certain percentage on your parcels shipped within Canada! :) And ya, that bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I do not have a Venture One card! I will look in to that soon! Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete